Friday, December 3, 2010

Fanboy Squee, Yuri, and related stuff.

Leading the coolness front (at least as far as I'm concerned), is that a new chapter of To Love-Ru Darkness (manga) has been released in English. It can be found at CXC Scans' website. I do urge all to check it out.

In more cool TL-R news, fansubbers Doki and Chihiro have begun jointly releasing the Motto To Love-Ru Blu-Rays. Happiness in the form of harem fanservice. Review to come presently.

In other anime-related fluff, I have been busy the last couple of days stuffing my cranial space with Koihime Mousou. I am halfway through Shin Koihime Mousou (the second season) right now, and am enjoying it immensely.

One of the other hats I wear is as a proofreader/quality checker for the scanlation group Kawaii Scans, a group that does yuri manga. How did I end up there? That's a good question, but I am enjoying it so far. Sachiko-sama is a good boss to work for, and really enjoys what she does.We've worked on quite a few really cute things, and this is good.

So why Koihime Mousou? Well, I figured that since I am doing all this yuri-related stuff, I should watch more yuri anime. Simple as that. I have already watched the excellent Candy Boy and the better-than-average Kanamemo (though the manga is awesome) and am currently working through the angsty Sasameki Koto.  I've also received some great suggestions for other series that I am looking forward to watching. 

So until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment